We welcome any and all questions and feedback. For privacy-related issues, please contact us at:
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
Attention: Online Privacy Manager
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal Information You Provide
In general, we collect personal information from you when you voluntarily provide it to us by:
- registering on the Site;
- signing up to enter a promotion, participate in an event or survey, receive newsletters or other literature;
- making product, project, or service inquiries; and
- contacting us (including our webmaster, customer service representatives, or other employees) in any way, including by e-mail, telephone facsimile.
In connection with these activities, we may collect personal information from you, including, but not limited to, your name, physical address, e-mail address, age, gender, telephone number, fax number, purchasing decisions, warranty information, user name and/or password associated with the use of any of our web sites or web portal(s), occupation, company name, name of position within company, whether you are a customer, how you heard us, and other demographic information and any other personally identifiable information.
You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our products and customer service, and communicating with you.
As part of the standard operation of the Site, we may collect/obtain certain non-personal information from you including, but not limited to, your browser type (e.g., Firefox or Internet Explorer), operating system (e.g., Windows or Macintosh), Internet service provider, IP address, web sites visited, and the domain name from which you accessed the Site (e.g., google.com).
You are always free to decline cookies, but in doing so you may not be able to use certain features on our Site. The "help" segment of the toolbar on most browsers explains how to configure a browser to not accept new cookies, how to have the browser inform a user when they receive a new cookie, and how to erase cookies from a computer's hard drive.
We may use web beacons to assist us in understanding how visitors to our Site use the Site and/or to collect information regarding users activities on the web. We may utilize the services of a third party to collect such information for us.
Information from Other Sources
We might receive personal information and non-personal information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. This information can include, but is not limited to delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from other merchants; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we collect from you for any of the following purposes:
- to facilitate your use of the Site and better understand your needs;
- to fulfill your requests for information regarding our company, products and services;
- to send you information, promotional materials, and offers from our company as well as from our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contact visitors to our Site when necessary;
- to help address problems with the Site;
- to administer the Site;
- to conduct internal reviews of the Site (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the site);
- to help us better understand visitors' use of the Site;
- to protect the security or integrity of the Site; and
Non-personal information will be used for these purposes as well to monitor the Site and provide a greater online experience for our visitors.
WILL WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described in this agreement and its updates.
We may transfer or otherwise disclose information collected from you to the following entities for the following purposes:
- to our employees, authorized Yamaha dealers, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, and suppliers, if the disclosure will enable that entity to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for us;
- to employees, authorized Yamaha dealers, independent contractors, service providers, and suppliers of ours to fulfill a product or service request;
- to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law;
- to third parties, such as our marketing or service providers who may use such information in their business operations or who may contact you with information they feel may be useful to you. By browsing our Site, you consent to your receipt from us and/or from any of our third party marketing or service providers of information and data we believe may be of interest to you.
The information that we supply to third parties are those with whom we work closely. These businesses supply services to our customers both in conjunction with us and on their own. Likewise, we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf., including without limitation, fulfilling orders, delivering products, providing services, analyzing data, sending postal mail and electronic mail on our behalf, providing customer service, providing marketing assistance, and processing credit card and other transactions.
Other than as set forth herein, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
We do not does not sell products or provide services for purchase by children. We do not direct our Site to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from, children under the age of 13.
If you are under 18, you may use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
WHAT HAPPENS TO INFORMATION IN THE EVENT OF UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES?
In the event that we or any of our assets are acquired by or transferred to a third party, personal information acquired by us may be one of the assets transferred.
CONDITIONSOFUSE, NOTICES, AND REVISIONS